A group of my crafty friends and I are hopping along in the Halloween Theme IG Hop today! This hop is part of a fun giveaway by Donna Perisic from CreativePixieDesigns.com and @creativepixiedesigns, who is coordinating this hop and giving away two $25.00 Gift Certificates to Scrapbook.com. Entries must be made by October 10th on Instagram. To enter:
- Follow Donna Perisic @CreativePixieDesigns
- Tag one friend in the comments *on her IG post*
- For bonus entries, follow the other designers on this hop (like me @misplacedmojo) and tag a friend in the comments on their IG posts.
Here is the full hop lineup:
- @misplacedmojo (that’s my IG account!)
OK, with that out of the way, let’s talk cards!!! You know how excited I get about hops and how I tend to make more than 1 project when those creative juices start flowing! Both cards today use a set from Darcie’s called Creepin’ It Real. I’m still on my Prismacolor streak, so I used them on both cards. Let’s take a look at my favorite of the two cards:
After I got Frankie all colored in my favorite color, lime/sap green, I fussy cut him out and picked out some coordinating papers from a Queen and Co. paper pack. I found a current sketch challenge at Try Stamping on Tuesday that I thought would work great for my idea. I die cut my papers and sentiment using Spellbinders dies from 3 patterns, plus black glitter DCWV paper. I deviated a bit from the sketch to fit my elements, but in my opinion a sketch is a starting point! To finish this card off I added 3 green glitter epoxy dots from my stash for added sparkle. Writing this post I wish I had colored the heart in the sentiment green like Frankie! Here’s the close up:
Next up is a card made from the leftovers and the other image in the set!
This Queen and Co. paper pack is double sided and it was killing me that I hadn’t been able to use the other patterns on the back! Please tell me I’m not the only one who struggles picking sides! This other image from the set was super cute and had a purr-fect sentiment to go with it! 😉 Another quick flip through the sketch book and shazam… this card was born! Hard to tell from the photo but the green mat behind the diagonal strip is shimmer paper and quite pretty in real life, but as I pointed out in a post a couple days ago, I’m a crafter and not a photographer! This time I used stitched square dies from Simon Says Stamp for my elements and the sparkling gems from Trinity Stamps that were included in the July Create and Inkspire kit. They have a slight iridescence that reflects the colors of the papers you used. And here is a closer view of this card and my less than perfect fussy cutting.
If this is your first time here and you like what you see, please consider following my blog. I post most of my projects on IG but *everything* gets posted here, along with all the supplies and details. Comments left here on this post will not be entered into the giveaway, so be sure to pop over to IG and start @CreativePixieDesigns for the chance to win one of two $25 Scrapbook.com gift certificates! Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a fantastic weekend!
I am submitting one of these cards to the following challenges:
- Colour Crazy – Week 39 – Anything Goes – ends 10/17
- Creative Fingers – #194 – Anything Goes – ends 10/16
- Cut It Up – #210 – World Cardmaking Day with Die Cuts
- Classic Design – October – #10 – Anything Goes – ends 10/28
- Crafty Animals – #43 – Anything Goes with an Animal – ends 10/25
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper – October – ends 10/31
- Creative Craft Cottage – #133 – Include an Animals
- Die Cut Divas – Thoughts of Autumn Fill the Air – ends 10/31
- Dies R Us – #154 – Anything Goes (used Spellbinders dies)
- Digi Doodle – #32 – Pink or Halloween – ends 10/28
- Kleuren Met Potloden – Animals and colored pencils
- Lost Coast Designs – #108 – Halloween – ends 10/31
- Sheepski – #43 – Autumn/Halloween – ends 10/31
- Aud Sentiments – #261 – Fall/Halloween Sentiment
- Cute Card Thursday – #654 – Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Show Us Your Pussycats – #58 – Anything Goes with a Cat
- Double Trouble – #67 – On, Off, or Over the Edge(Thing 1, 2, and 3!)