I don’t know how it happened, but we somehow got to October 2020. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we made it… but how on earth did the toughest year EVER go so FAST especially when each day feels so SLOW! Being October 1st, its the first day of the new challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and I’m bringing you my ST assignment for the month. And as much as I wanted to jump into Halloween cards in October, I need a birthday card for a special young man turning 20 this week. I call him my adopted son as he and my son were close friends in high school and I have become a mentor and extra mother to this young man. Though he have graduated and gone onto college, I still text with him often to talk about his classes, his job, etc. I’d actually rather make him a techie style card as he’s going to school for Computer Sciences but I couldn’t come up with an idea… yet. In the meantime, this fun birthday bear called Birthday Stanley from Beccy’s Place makes a great birthday card!
Did I mention this image set is a freebie on her blog? And that she has a bunch of other freebies available? You’ll want to pop over to the Beccy’s Place blog to download the freebies and then check out the store to see the great sets she has for sale. I paired the image up with the current sketch from Sketch Saturday to make this card. I used some scrap masculine patterned paper from my stash, which I die cut using the largest Square nesting die from Spellbinders, and then colored the image to match using Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I used coordinating cardstock scrap for the accent piece in the sketch. The sentiment, available with the image, was cut into a banner at the same angle as the sketch pieces and popped up on foam tape, as was Stanley the birthday bear after he was fussy cut. I added some gems from Kat Scrappiness in a matching brown (Trust me here, but I cannot get them to photograph properly. They are a lovely almost iridescent chocolate color). Here is a closeup of the card front:
I thought the secondary image and sentiment were fun too, so I opted to use them on the inside of the card. Once again I colored with Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut the image. I used a scrap of the patterned paper to ground it and also matted the sentiment to help it pop. Here is a peek of the inside of the card:
The whole DT are using different images from Beccy’s Place, so hop over to 2 Crafty Critter Crazies to see what images they used and what they made with them! Then come back anytime before October 25th to enter your critter creations in the challenge! You can enter up to 5 times, and entries can be ANY craft (even baking) as long as it has a critter! Thanks for visiting me today and I hope your October is off to a great start!!!
ETA: 10/12/20 This card was selected as one of 5 prize winners at The Cutie Pie Challenge!!! My prize is from My Besties!
ETA: 10/10/20 This card was 1 of the Top 3 picks at Sketch Saturday!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Cute Card Thursday – #654 – Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals – #43 – Anything Goes with an animal – ends 10/26
- Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper – October – ends 10/31
- Classic Design – October – Anything Goes – ends 10/28
- Sketch Saturday/Riley & Co. – #629 – Sketch TOP #!!!
- Gem of a Challenge – Week #20 – Anything Goes
- Allsorts – #591 – Autumn Colors
- Di’s Digi Designs – Make it Masculine
- Crafty Gals Corner – #211 – Fall Colors
- Paper Funday – #21 – Anything Goes w/opt Autumn Fall
- AAA Birthday – #17 – Animals and Critters
- Cutie Pie Challenge – #151 – Birthday Party! WINNER!!!
- Incy Wincy Designs – Funny and/or Let’s Celebrate
- Creative Craft Cottage – #133 – Include an Animal
- Happy Craft Challenge – Sept 15th – Oct 15th – Anything Goes
- Kleuren met Potloden – September – Animals