Can you believe its September already? I can’t. But there is the barest hint of Fall in the air here in Georgia in the evenings. Before long, Christmas will be sneaking up on us! I’m getting a jump on it though, with this fun Christmas card! Our September sponsor of 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge is Stamp On It, who carries several brands of stamps under their umbrella, including QKR Stampede and Eureka! Stamps. I’m using an adorable Eureka! Stamps image called Holly Doggies and the current sketch (rotated) from Sunday Stamps to make this card. Here is the sketch:
First I selected a patterned paper from an old Doodlebug paper pad. I thought the paw prints in Christmas colors was perfect. I printed my image on Bristol paper and colored it with Prismacolor pencils to coordinate with the paper. It was fun figuring out what colors to use for each dog breed, and I managed to represent my 2 dogs in the image… a yellow lab named Wally and a black Lab/Border Collie mix named Willow who is full of personality! I used a sentiment from the My Favorite Things Happy Pawlidays set, which I cut into a banner. A few adhesive rhinestones and this card was done! Looking at it now though, I need to go back and add Nuvo Glaze or Glossy accents to the berries and doggie noses!!! At least you’re getting to see if before I mess it up and accidentally smear it! 😂 Isn’t it always the final touch that ruins the card?!? Tell me its not just me… 😏
I had the hardest time getting a good photo of this card with the rainy weather we’ve been having this week. This closeup shows the colors a bit more accurately:
Its at this point you’ll want to head to the 2CCC challenge blog and see what the rest of the DT made to show you because they come up with the best ideas and coolest projects! I’ve had a sneak peak, and I know you won’t want to miss them! Be sure to link up your own critter crafts… it doesn’t have to be a card or papercraft… and show us that you are crazy for critters too. Check out Stamp On It too as they have a variety of styles within the many brands they carry and you are sure to find something to love. Thanks for dropping by!
ETA: 10/1/20 This card was chosen as the winner at Papercraft Challenge and the prize is a $15 gift card for the Gerda Steiner store!!! Whoo-hoo!
ETA: 10/13/20 This card was picked as the winner at The 12 Months of Christmas Linkup!!!
I am submitting card to the following challenges:
- Sunday Stamps – SSC238 – Let’s Get Sketchy
- Christmas Craft Creations – August – Christmas Animals
- Time Out Challenges – #169 – Seasons
- Fezziwigs Festive Frolics – Santa’s Little Helpers
- Digi Chooseday – Week #35 – Anything Goes
- Holly and Ivy Christmas – #78 – Anything Christmas Goes
- A Perfect Time to Craft – Sept – #9 – Anything Goes
- Christmas 24 – #017 – Christmas Animals – ends 9/14
- Classic Design Challenge – Sept – #9 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals – #42 – Anything Goes with an animal
- Crafty Hazelnut Patterned Paper – Sept
- Crafty Hazelnut Christmas – Sept – #505
- Merry Little Christmas – Sept – #26 – Anything Goes
- Papercraft Challenge – #61 – Animals – WINNER!!!
- Sheepski – Sept – #42 – Use Layers
- 12 Months of Christmas – #69 – Say it with a Sentiment WINNER!!!
- Always Fun – #178 – Cute Critters
- Dare2BArtsy – August – Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends – C#140 – Anything Goes
- Gem of a Challenge – Week #18 – Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers – #191 – Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments – #259 – Anything Goes w/Sentiment