Its the first Monday of the month and that means there’s a new challenge at Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge! There is the hint of fall in the air here in GA and it motivated me to use this gorgeous image from the Signs of Autumn set. The whole set is beautiful, but I wanted to showcase this one image. I love that Jan’s sets come with the images in both color and b/w, and with so many sentiments to choose from. Here is everything included in the set:
I enlarged the image to take up most of an A2 card front and added a sentiment that I thought fit the rest of the space without looking crowded. The pre-colored version is pretty but I was dying to color this myself, so I broke out my Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. Unlike the New England states, we don’t get a whole lot of the bright red leaves… some, but our fall leaves lean more yellow, orange, maroon and deep purple. I tried my best with my limited color mixing skills to depict the colors in my mind’s eye.
After coloring, I used Gamsol with paper stumps to smooth and blend the coloring. To ground the image, I added light coloring below the images, knowing that the Gamsol would not smooth the coloring out. Instead, I was shooting for the look of woodgrain without getting to fussy about trying to draw it. I’m not sure I achieved that, but I am content with the results. After coloring, I trimmed the panel down to be narrower than an A2 card. Now, here is where you are going to have to trust me! I swear the paper used for the card front behind the image is the exact same purple as the leaves, but no matter what I did, it appears black in photos. The gems are an olive green to match the green leaves but again, they appear black in the photos. So frustrating!!! I recently changed the light bulbs in my craft room and the new daylight bulbs make crafting so much easier as I can see true colors and everything looks sharper… except the photos!!! I’ll keep playing with the settings on my camera and try adding more lights to the room. In the meantime, imagine a perfectly coordinated color combo! 😉
If you haven’t already, pop into Jan’s Digi Stamps shop to see the latest releases for September. I’ll be back mid-month with a card using a September set. Also, head to the Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge to see what my talented team mates made for you to oooh and aaah over! And remember to post your own creations to the challenge… we’re truly an Anything Goes challenge… no digi stamps needed! Show us whatever you’ve made this month… cards, layouts, 3D art, painting, clay creation, sewing, crochet, knitting, even baking! You name it! You can enter up to 5 times, so keep coming back to submit your projects and enter to win free images from Jan’s Digi Stamps. Full rules are on the challenge site under Challenge Guidelines. We can’t wait to see what you’ve been making!!!
ETA: 9/20/20 This card was selected as one of the DT Top 3 by Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends – #141 – Anything Goes – TOP 3!!!
- Gem of a Challenge – Week 18 – Anything Goes
- Allsorts – #588 – Use a Hand Colored Image
- Catch the Bug – September – Anything Goes
- Crafty Calendar – September – Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends – #144 – Anything Goes
- Sweet Stampin’ – Anything But a Birthday Card
- Colour Crazy – Week #35 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz – #517 – Anything Goes w/opt Anything But a Square
- Creative Fingers – #192 – Anything Goes
- Daring Cardmakers – September Elemental Inspiration
- Festive Friday – #FF0067 – First Day of Fall (leaves, gold, green)
- Time Out Challenges – #169 – Seasons
- Crafty Creations – September – #413 – Anything Goes
- The Paper Funday – Sept – #21 – Anything Goes w/opt Fall
- Digi Choosday – Week #35 – Anything Goes
- Shopping Our Stash – #428 – Color Challenge
- A Perfect Time to Craft – #9 – Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge – #9 – Anything Goes
- Cards Galore Encore – Sept – #79 – Anything Goes
- Happy Craft – Aug 15th – Sept 15th – Anything Goes
- The Crafting Challenge – September – Anything Goes
- Bastel Traum – #92 – CAS
- Just Us Girls – #552 – Word Week – Leaves