Welcome to the August Same Set Syndrome hop! If this is your first time here, I’m Karen and our hop group showcases a small independent stamp company each month to promote them and hopefully introduce you to new-to-you products! You should have come here from the talented and sweet Michelle Margaret. Your next stop after me is the amazing and spectacular Renee Moran! I’ll be sure to link to her again at the bottom of the post.
This month, we are showcasing Create and Inkspire, the newest company on the block, owned by Courtney Kreeber. In addition to an online publication, Create and Inkspire offers a monthly themed card kit, and I’ll be using the July kit along this hop. If you are a follower of mine, you know I’ve been getting crazy crafty with the debut kit for the last month. If you aren’t already a follower of my blog, consider leaving this tab open when you hop onto the next stop and check out my other posts. I’d love if you would subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on Instagram @misplacedmojo if you like what you see! This is my take on the C&I July card kit:
Until this card, I had used everything else in the kit at least once except the cloud and grass stencil so I was eager to use that for today’s card! I used makeup brushes and Distress Oxide inks to create a simple and soft background for my floral scene. Once the inks were dry enough to handle, I die cut the panel with a Pink & Main stitched rounded rectangle die. I stamped multiple floral images and watercolored them with Tombow markers, my go-to medium for flowers as it provides me the most control without getting too fussy. Speaking of fussy, I fussy cut the images out which is very simple to do with these images. I popped them all up on foam tape, adding a 2nd layer to the middle flower, and placed them on the panel. The kit comes with a 3×4 stamp set of just sentiments, which I love. I cut my sentiment at an angle for interest. I used a Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen to add some shimmer to the flowers. Here is a couple close ups:
Next on the hop is Renee Moran, who will knock your socks off!
Thanks for dropping by today and I hope you enjoy the rest of the hop!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- A Perfect Time to Craft – Sept – #9 – Anything Goes
- The Artistic Stamper – Sept – A Stitch in Time – ends 9/30 I used a stitched rectangle die from Pink and Main to die cut my focal panel
- Classic Design Challenge – Sept – #9 – Anything Goes
- Creatalicious – #194 – Anything Goes
- Happy Craft Challenge – Aug 15th – Sept 15th – Anything Goes
- Pearly Sparkles – #55 – Traci’s Recipe – Pink/Pearls/Sparkle
- The Crafting Challenge – Sept – Anything Goes
- Dare2BArtzy – August – Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Craftty Friends – #140 – Anything Goes
- Gem of a Challenge – Week 18 – Anything Goes
- Time Out Challenge – #169 – Season (summer)
- Crafty Creations – Sept – #413 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Gals Corner – #210 – Summer Fun
- Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – Stamp It
- The Paper Funday – Sept – #21 – Anything Goes