My friends, I am honored and humbled to be the Guest Designer for my favorite stamp company, Jane’s Doodles! My Under the Sea card for Challenge #11 Stenciling won on the Jane’s Doodles Challenge blog, and I was asked to Guest DT for Challenge #13, which is On The Beach! I can’t even tell you how excited I am and I’m dying to show you what I came up with!
I chose to use the Jane’s Doodles set called Summer Icons for this card. With the help of a couple dies in my stash and some cool embossing powder I was able to create this dimensional beach scene! There are so many fun images in this set that you can create many cards and make not just scenes but fun backgrounds too. If you have been following me, you may remember this colorful, rainbowy card I made using just the bikini from the set and a sentiment. Seriously, this set is awesome! For today’s card, I chose to watercolor the images with my trusty Tombow markers and fussy cut them out. The sand layers were heat embossed with a cool multicolored embossing powder that looks like textured sand. I used one of the sentiments for the front of the card to finish it off. Here is a close up view of the front. Check out the texture of the sand!
Now, there were so many images I wanted to use that I just couldn’t squeeze them all onto the front of the card, so I carried the scene over to the inside!
I really hope you liked my card today and that you will head over to the Jane’s Doodles Challenge blog to see what the extremely talented, official DT came up with for this theme! I want to thank Jane’s Doodles for offering this opportunity to me! Have a fabulous day everyone!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Die Cut Divas – June – Summer Fun – ends 7/1
- Dies R Us – #147 Summer Time – ends 6/29
- Cutie Pie – #148 – Layer it Up – ends 7/6
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Anything Goes – ends 7/1
- Try It on Tuesday – Create a Scene – ends 7/6
- HLS Dies – Anything Goes with Dies – ends 6/30
- Sweet Stampers – #45 – Something Starting with B – ends 7/9
- Stamping Sensations – June – Make it Colorful – ends 7/4
- Pinspirational – #265 – Photo Inspiration – ends 6/29