The current challenge at Jane’s Doodles is Rainbow, and I don’t know about you but I need all the bright, happy colors and rainbows I can get right now. This card was super simple to make. I used a new-to-me Jane’s Doodles set called Summer Icons, and used only 1 small image from the set, the bikini. I stamped it repeatedly, rotating the position for a random appearance. From there, I selected a rainbow assortment of Tombow markers to us and set about watercoloring. I didn’t shade with a light source coming from just 1 direction. Instead I shaded where it would be darker if someone was actually wearing the bikinis. I die cut the panel down with a Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die, and added it to a black card base. The sentiment is from the same set and was heat embossed in white on a tag shape die cut from a Creek Bank Creations stitched tag set. Despite the busy background its a pretty simple card. The inside is stamped with another bikini and the other sentiment from the set that says Good Vibes Only, which were both heat embossed in white. It may be a bit early to be thinking summer here in GA or further north, but this card will be heading to central FL where its either Summer, or Just Like Summer. LOL!!! I lived there for 30 years and its either hot, or really freaking hot… All.Year.Long. I miss the friends and family there, but I do NOT miss the heat and humidity!!!
4/22/20 ETA: This card was picked as the Random Winner of the Jane’s Doodles challenge for a gift certificate!!!! Yay!!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Jane’s Doodles – #7 – Rainbows – Random Winner of $30 gift certificate!!!!!
- Color My Heart Color Dare – #388 – Inspiration Board
- Stamping Sensations – Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- Allsorts – Something New – I used a new to me stamp set which arrived during quarantine!!! Yay for the postal service!!!
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies – #2014 – Anything Goes
- Little Patch of Crafty Friends – #129 – Anything Goes
- TTCRD – April 7th – Anything Goes