My one and only celebrated his 19th birthday a couple weeks ago (OMG, that makes me feel so old!) and I made this card for him. His favorite colors are lime green and black and this seemed an easy way to incorporate both colors in a masculine way. I created all the triangles from MFT’s Triangle STAX dies, including the frame ones which were made using 2 dies together. I was inspired by this card from Iliana Garza of My Sweet Petunia and Misti fame. I started with her layout of the 3 big triangles, which was the hard part. I was able to play around with the rest of the layout on my own, overlapping where it seemed appropriate. I glued all the triangles flat to the card because I wanted to pop the sentiment strip up on foam to have it floating above the background. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps Birthday Wishes.
I love the geometric design of this card and could have spent all day making more in a variety of colors but I spent the day with my son instead, which was time better spent! Hope you are getting to spend some quality time with your kids during all this quarantine time!
ETA: 5/21/20 This card was a winner at C.R.A.F.T Challenge and was picked for the Top 3 by Joy of Sets!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Use Dies or Punches
- HLS Dies – Anything Goes with Dies
- HLS CAS – Smile (who doesn’t smile when they get a birthday card?!?)
- Stamplorations CAS – May – Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage – #129 – Make it Masculine
- Joy of Sets – Tic Tac Toe (Birthday/CAS/Green)
- C.R.A.F.T. – #555 – Birthday – WINNER!
- The Paper Shelter – #426 – Happy Birthday
- The Sisterhood of Crafters – Happy Birthday
- Unicorn Challenge – #54 – Use Dies
- Classic Design Challenge – May – Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore – May #75 – Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers – #185 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Cats – #505 – Anything Goes w/Opt Twist Baby (He’s still my baby, even if he is 19 now!!!)
- Aud Sentiments – #250 – Masculine + a Sentiment
- The Paper Funday – May #17 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments – Anything Goes
- Gem of a Craft – Week 10 – Anything Goes