I had some fun today playing around with the Cats stamp set from Jane’s Doodles and this is the first card I made though I spent quite some time playing with the set. There are 4 different cats in the set, along with several accessories. I knew I had some cat patterned paper from DCWV, so I dug that out first. I stamped the kitty, watercolored him with Tombow markers to match the patterned paper and fussy cut it out. I popped him up on a turquoise die cut stitched circle from Simon Says Stamp which I ink blended a darker turquoise ink (from Impression Obsession) in the center to ground him. I stamped a sentiment from the same set and die cut it with a smaller stitched circle from SSS. After mounting the paper on a kraft card base, I decided it needed another pop of turquoise so I cut thin strips to add to either side. A quick dig through my sequin stash turned up the perfect shade mini sequin. I added a few final touches… black Glaze pen on the kitty’s eye, Spectrum Noir clear sparkle brush on the nose, heart, and yarn balls in the paper, and finally Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the nose and heart for shine! I decorated the inside with a strip of the patterned paper and fish image from the set. The inside is stamped with Birthday Wishes from the Jane’s Doodles All Occasions stamp set.
Stay tuned over this coming week as I play with the rest of the images in the set!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Jane’s Doodles Challenge – #9 – Animals – ends 5/12
- Fab N Funky – #480 – Cute Critters
- Challenge Up Your Life – #123 – Animals – ends 5/27
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge – May – ends 5/31
- Stamplorations – May – Stamps & Tropical (I used the color combo of the inspiration photo for this card) – ends 5/31
- CASE This Sketch – #371 – ends 5/14
- SUYP – #54 – Furrything Goes – ends 6/1