I had fun making this card duo using a set Jan, of Jan’s Digi Stamps, released earlier this year called Block Sentiments. The set includes 5 sentiments, but each is available in different colors, so you receive 36 total! The sentiments are made from letter blocks, and they come in b/w, rainbow colors, pastels, and sepia toned. I always have need of birthday cards, so I used 2 versions of the Happy Birthday sentiment.
First up is the pre-colored rainbow image. S-U-P-E-R easy! Just size the image as desired, print, cut, glue! I had an old Paper Studio pad I wanted to use because the papers are all rainbow colored. I added a large red mat and a small black mat to the sentiment panel to set it off from the background, and I used foam tape to pop it up. I used new-to-me mat black gems from Want 2 Scrap and that card was done! Because I used a black card base, I added a white panel inside to write on.
The second card is similar. I love keeping this sentiment large and letting it be the focal point of the card! This version was the b/w and I watercolored it with Tombow markers. I outlined each box, then used a brush to spread the color out and let it dry. Then I went back in with the markers and colored the actual letters and bottom (shadowed) part of the boxes. I did not dilute the color on the letters with water. I popped it up on foam tape, then added the sentiment panel to the patterned paper covered card base. The sentiment wasn’t standing off the busy paper as much as I wanted, so I added narrow strips of black cardstock to top and bottom and was happy with the results. This card has a scrap of the patterned paper inside to coordinate with the front.
In addition to this sentiment set I used, Jan has an alpha set with the same block letters which would be fun to use to make your own sentiments, banners, scrapbook titles, or signs! The store has such a variety of image and sentiments sets! You’re sure to find something there you love!
5/1/20 ETA: This card was picked as a DT Favourite by Classic Design Challenge!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Aud Sentiments – Anything Goes + a Sentiment
- Pattie’s Creations – #169 – Birthdays
- Di’s Digi Challenge – Birthdays
- Classic Design Challenge – #4 – Anything Goes & 4th Birthday celebration – DT Favourite!!!
- AAA Birthday – #12 – Dots or Stripes
- Crafter’s Cafe – #239 – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments – #188 – Anything Goes w/opt Something to Look Forward to
- Fab N Funky – #476 – Birthday
- The Paper Shelter – #422 – Use a Digi Image
- Crafty Sentiments Design – Anything Goes
- Pammies Inky Pinkies – #2014 – Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create – #232 – Anything Goes w/opt Geometric Paper
- Stamping Sensations – April – Over the Rainbow