It’s time for the 11th challenge at Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge where the theme is always Anything Goes and you can submit any kind of creative project… cards, layouts, sewing, quilting, painting, baking, you name it! Starting April there will be 2 winners will be drawn each month: 1 for projects using Jan’s images, and 1 from the rest of the entries. Using Jan’s Digi Stamps images are not required to win. Now, on to my projects! Grab a cuppa and enjoy, this post is picture heavy!
Jan released a couple new sets this month, and I’m showcasing 1 of them, called Little Lambkins. The set includes an adorable lamb but for my family I wanted to use another image in the set, an Easter basket and the multiple sentiments. As usual, Jan’s sets include black and white images as well as pre-colored images, and of course the sentiments. I chose to use the pre-colored images for this group of cards. I printed the sentiments on card panel sized paper, which I then ink blended with Oxide inks and die cut with decorative edge die shapes. I printed the images and fussy cut them to pop on top. The set also includes jelly bean images which I used to embellish the cards. Let’s take a closer look!
These 2 use Pink and Main Rounded Rectangles dies (2 sizes), and Oxide inks in Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw, and Spun Sugar. In both, I used sequins that match the color of ink in that area. The card front itself is shimmering white card stock from Recollections which has been dry embossed with a Darice embossing folder called Basket Weave.
These card focals were die cut with Sizzix Dotted square and are ink blended in Scattered Straw, Tumbled Glass, and Mowed Lawn. The Easter Greetings card is embellished with clear, frosted sequins, while the Basket of Easter Blessings card is embellishment with a bunch of jelly bean images and the sentiment is also die cut. Again, the card front is shimmering white card stock from Recollections, embossed with the Darice Basket Weave embossing folder.
So there you go, 4 Easter cards whipped up in no time with the aid of Jan’s new set… and I didn’t even use the namesake image! Head over to the Challenge blog to see what the rest of the team created with an assortment of Jan’s Digi Stamps images, then head over to Jan’s shop to pick up the sets you can’t live without!
5/1/20 ETA: The pink, yellow, and green card was picked as 1 of the Top 5 by Crafty Cardmakers!!!
I’m submitting one of these cards to the following challenges:
- Crafty Sentiment Designs – Easter
- The Paper Shelter – #421 Easter Time
- The Paper Funday – #16 – April – Anything Goes w/ Opt. Easter
- Mod Squad – Spring Has Sprung
- Sweet Stampers – #42 – Easter or Spring
- Bastel-Traum – #87 – Spring
- Papercraft Challenges – #56 – Pastel Colors
- Sparkles Monthly Challenges – #126 – Easter
- Digi Doodle Studios – #26 – Easter/Spring
- If You Give a Crafter a Cookie – #139 – Easter
- Angie’s Digital Stamps – #41 – Anything Goes w/Opt. Spring
- Dare2BArtzy – April – Pastel Colors
- Always Fun – #157 – Easter
- Crafting Happiness – #43 – Anything Goes – Easter
- Crafty Cardmakers – #254 – Easter – Top 5 Pick!!!
- Make My Monday – #119 – Make Your Own Background
- Simon Says Stamp Monday – Add Some Texture
- Use Your Stuff – #395 – Easter – JFF