I was totally inspired by the current challenges at Less Is More and Splashy Mix to make this card. I knew I wanted a stencil background and was super pleased to find this one, from The Crafter’s Workshop, called Kaleidoscope… however, I thought it resembled citrus wedges! I used Broken China Distress Oxide with a blender through the stencil to cover only a half circle on the cardstock and faded it out. The orange slices are from an old (2000) Stampin’ Up! set called Citrus and Such. The images were stamped with Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide. I thought stamping the sentiment in black would be too harsh given there were no black lines in the image or background, so I opted to go with Versa Clair Morning Mist, a midtone gray. I’m still not sure it was the right color but like the card either way. What color would you have used for the sentiment?
ETA: This card was selected as one of the Top 3 at the Unicorn Challenge blog!!!
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Less is More #401 – Tangerine, Aqua & White
- CAS on Friday #162 – Use a Stencil
- AAA Cards #146 – CAS Made in Minutes + Opt Twist Summer
- Dragonfly Dreams Challenge – No Patterned Paper
- Retro Rubber Challenge #117 – Anything Goes (SU! 2000)
- Unicorn Challenge Blog #46 – Fully Loaded or CAS
- Tuesday Throwdown #438 – Color Inspirations
- Splashy Mix Challenge – Turquoise and Orange Mood Board