Do you save card elements you created for another card and then decided not to use? I sure do! Nothing gets thrown away around here unless I have exhausted all of its possible uses. Today’s background was one of several stenciled backgrounds I created a year ago for a CAS card design. It spoke to me today as I felt the stenciled patterned called Flower Petal Collage from Gina Marie Designs matched this floral in the set, which admittedly is my favorite stamp of the bunch from the July Create and Inkspire card kit! I also have a thing for blue flowers, so I naturally grabbed my Towbow markers, found a color that matched the Broken China Distress Oxide used on the stencil and went to work watercoloring this beautiful image! Once dry, I fussy cut the image and selected a sentiment from the kit that I had yet to use. Before stamping the sentiment in place, I quickly die cut the panel with a Rounded Rectangle Stitched die from Pink and Main and I thought the rounded corners accentuated the stencil design. I found some matching cardstock in my stash for the card panel, layered the stenciled piece over top, stamped my sentiment and popped up the image on foam tape. As CAS as this card is, the gems that came with the kit seemed overpowering and bulky. Instead I went with Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh for that girly but subtle look. Here’s the close up:
I’ve already played with another image from the set, and have a fun background picked out for it, so I shall be back again before you know it with Take 4. As a reminder, this is the debut kit from Create and Inkspire, a new company founded by the amazing Courtney Kreeber. I don’t know if there are any full kits left, but she sells the stamps and stencils separately, so hurry and see if you can grab yourself some goodies before they are all gone! And save the date!!! The August kit goes on sale August 15th, in just a few days!!! For more info about the C&I kits, check out her website or see my post on the kit unboxing HERE.
ETA: 08/17/20 This card was chosen as a TOP PICK by Make My Monday!!!
ETA: 9/6/20 This card was picked as Top Rocker at 613 Avenue Create!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Shopping Our Stash – #426 – Keep it Simple Sister
- Tuesday Throwdown – #463 – Use a Stencil
- Crafting Happiness – #61 – Anything Goes
- Make My Monday – #128 – Clean and Simple – TOP PICK!!!
- 613 Avenue Create – August – Anything Goes – TOP ROCKER!!!
- AAA Cards – #171 – Along the Edge
- Classic Design Challenge – #8 – August
- DL Art – August – Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments – #257 – Anything Goes +a sentiment
- Krafty Chicks – #519 – Stamp Act
- Stinkin Inkers – Monochrome
- Paper Shelter – Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – Use Your Favorite Tool (MISTI)
- Paper Funday – #20 – August – Anything Goes