As part of the celebration of Art Impressions 32nd birthday, their monthly challenge this month is Birthdays! I chose to make a card with their Birthday Wishes stamp set. I paired it with a color combo from the July Daring Card Makers challenge, though I didn’t follow their challenge requirements, so I’m not submitting to them. I did a little bit of masking on the balloons, and then colored all the images with Tombow markers and a water brush. If it were not for the card panel being matted on a kraft card base, this would be a one layer card.
My dad and brother both have January birthdays, which I am notorious for not acknowledging with a card. I think I go into a post-holiday coma or something. LOL Anyway, I decided to be proactive and make their cards early.
ETA: This card placed in the Top 3 at Createful Heart Design!
I am submitted this card to the following challenges:
- Art Impressions #260 July Challenge – Birthday Cards
- Less Is More – #399 Celebrations – Birthday –
- Colour Crazy Challenge – Wk 26 Anything Goes –
- Creative Knockouts – #305 Birthday Wishes –
- The House That Stamps Built – DCC J319 Red, White, and Blue –
- Createful Heart Design Challenge – #10 Father’s Day/Wedding Day/Birthday
- Happy Little Stampers July Watercolor Challenge – Anything Goes w/Opt. Wings –
- Crafty Friends – #113 Things That Begin with B – Balloons
- Dare2BArtsy – July – Masculine Birthday –
- DL ART – July Anything Goes –
- Inkspirational – #190 – 3 or 5 of Something – 5 balloons –
- Seize the Birthday – #169 Anything Goes Birthday w/Opt. Topping “Sunshine”
- Little Red Wagon – #504 Repeat Day – I repeated: balloons & the color combo
- 613 Avenue Create – July – Anything Goes w/Opt. Use Your Country’s Flag Colors – Red, White & Blue (and kraft as a neutral) –