This card is hopefully going to serve two purposes… one, to tell my friend I miss her, and two, for her to re-purpose and send to her daughter 🙂
I was inspired by a color combo for the current challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges. And there are so many beach and summer challenges this week, so I had plenty of motivation to create this little scene.
I stamped the images from Stampin’ Up’s By The Seashore in Impression Obsession hybrid inks. I really love their assortment of colors and how there are three shades of each color, perfect for layering stamp sets. Here I only used one shade on each. The water was created by using Tattered Angel glimmer mists (remember those?!?) and tearing the edge of the paper to reveal the white core, which I then coated with Wink of Stella. The card base is kraft, and to create the look of sand I dotted the lower corner with three shades of alcohol markers, a white gel pen, and my trusty Wink of Stella. The sentiment comes from the Brushstroke Expressions set from My Favorite Things and was stamped in Tree Branch Archival Ink in case the glimmer mist gave me any troubles. I realized (not for the first time) that you can never have too many inks 🙂 The shells are glued flat to the card but the crab is popped up on foam tape for dimension. Debated about adding Nuvo drops but I need this card to make it through the mail twice, so I decided against it. My friend can add bling on her end if she chooses. So much more shimmery IRL!
The inside of the kraft card is lined with 2 white panels, the bottom glued down permanently, and the top with removable glue. My message will be on top but she can remove it to reuse the card for her daughter.
ETA: This card was chosen as winner of The Artist Stamper June challenge!!!
I am submitting this card in the following challenges:
- Always Fun Challenges – #116 Fun at the Beach
- Crazy4Challenges – #489 Surf and Sand Color Combo
- The Artistic Stamper – By the Seaside
- Pile It On – #155 Vacation – beach –
- Make My Monday – Begins with Letter B – beach
- Just Us Girls – #493 Photo Inspiration – beach
- Words 2 Craft By – #66 Running Barefoot – on the beach!
- Simon Says Stamp – Vacation/Travel – beach
- Sasayaki Glitter Stamps – Making Waves –
- Daring Cardmakers – Midsummer Day
- Sweet Stampin Challenge – Summer
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday – June/July – Summer Scenes, Treats, or Colors –
- Bastel-Traum – #78 Summer –
- Angie’s Digital Stamps – #32 AG W/Opt Fun in the Sun