My mom passed away 10 years ago. Seems like it was just yesterday. Certain dates and events are especially hard for my dad now that she is gone. Their anniversary is coming up, and while this isn’t “exactly” a sympathy card, that really is what this is. Thinking of you in your time of need and loss. My mom always taught me to pick sympathy cards that are in muted colors as she felt bright cards were too garish for the occasion. I see some cards posted by other crafters, and I think to myself… If you could change the sentiment to Happy Birthday and it work, than your card is too cheerful to be a sympathy card. But that’s just me. Coincidentally, my house is decorated in grays and blacks, so this looks close to where I might actually sit to think of someone dear. And conveniently A Blog Named Hero’s challenge this month with Hero Arts products is Sympathy. Good timing!
The stamps are from Hero Arts Wishing You Were Here, and I watercolored the images with Tombow markers and a waterbrush. The embossing behind the card front is from Lifestyle Crafts Woven embossing folder. The card front and mat were die cut with Pink & Main’s Rounded Rectangles dies.
7/23/19 ETA: This card was chosen as 1 of the Top 3 By Digi Choosday!
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- A Blog Named Hero – June – Sympathy
- Get Creative Challenges – #82 Anything Goes w/Opt. Monochromatic
- Angie’s Digital Stamps – #33 Anything Goes/No Twist
- The Corrosive Challenge Blog – #7 July – Always Anything Goes
- A Gem of a Challenge – Week 13 Always Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers – #167 Always Anything Goes
- Stamplorations – July is World Watercolor Month
- Crafting with an Attitude – #53 July Always Anything Goes
- Tuesday Throwdown – #435 Anything Goes
- Crafting By Design – July Anything Goes
- Creative Moments – #172 Always Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft – #95 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap Challenge Blog – #123 Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments – Add a sentiment
- Digi Choosday – Wk 28 Anything Goes
- Through the Craft Room Door – Anything Goes for July 9th