Say that 5 times fast! Blueberry Butterfly Birthday! Blueberry Butterfly Birthday! Ok, perhaps I’m getting a little giddy since I was able to finish off another half finished project laying on my desk. Take a look:
I know… very purple, right? Definitely not my go-to color, but there it is anyway 🙂 In fact, the older I get the more I figure out that I don’t really have a go-to anymore! So, this one is super simple… this sweet little butterfly is from Meljen’s Designs and was colored with Promarkers. The trail is part of the digi, but I added the same “stitching” around the edge. The mat was cut and embossed with a scalloped rectangle Spellbinders die. The white border was embossed with the 6×6 Dots embossing folder by Crafters Companion. The patterned paper is from the American Crafts 6×6 Dots and Stripes pad. The card needed some pizzazz so I added bling to the circles in the trail of the butterfly and then to the card itself to give the whole thing some much needed sparkle.
The inside has just of the patterned paper, and the birthday sentiment is from Justrite Large Fancy Sentiments set.
I’d like to submit this card to the following challenges:
- Passion for Promarkers – Monochrome –
- Addicted to Stamps and More! – Make Your Mark –
- Butterfly Spot Challenge – A Stitch in Time –
- Brown Sugar – Anything Goes –
- Creative Knock Outs – Things with Wings –
- Created with Love – Girly –
- Hiding in My Craft Room – Let’s Get Digital –
- Desert Island Crafters – Use at least 3 from the list (1.polka dots, 5. Spring theme, and 10. monochromatic) –
***Edited 3/27/14 – Whoo hoo! I won the prize at Passion for Promarkers for this card!!! ***