Happy Tuesday, all! I’m super glad to be posting today! That dang mojo of mine has been playing hide and seek with me these last few weeks. Between the misplaced mojo and life in general getting in the way a little, I haven’t had a chance to work on a whole card from start to finish in one sitting for weeks. I did however get 10 mins here and there, most of the time generating only pretty trash, but finally this weekend I was able to put some finishing touches on a few works in progress. So without further adieu, here’s what I’d like to show you:
I know, doesn’t look like it took 3 weeks to put together, right? Ah, but I tell the truth! The card base was solid white which I then inked with Memento Summer Sky ink using a torn piece of paper to simulate clouds. I then stamped the large balloon in Memento Tuxedo Black and the smaller balloons in Memento London Fog… both stamps are from the Hot Air set by Local King Rubber Stamps. I stamped the large balloon again on Copic paper and colored that image in with my Promarkers. I fussy cut out the main balloon shape and the basket, glued the basket directly onto the card base, and popped the balloon part up on foam tape for dimension. This also kept the coloring from bleeding through to the inside.
The sentiment is from the Flying By set from Lawn Fawn. The inside has just a hint of clouds and I left the rest blank to have room for a long note to the recipient. 🙂 The colors were too light for the camera to even pick up so I’m not even bothering to post a pic of the inside.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Addicted to Stamps and More! – Make Your Mark (coloring) –
- Brown Sugar Challenge – Anything Goes –
- The Crafting Cafe – Clean and Simple –
- Stampin’ for the Weekend – Anything Goes –
- Just Inspirational’s Monthly challenge – Anything Goes –
- Ladybug Crafts – Anything Goes – ends 3/31 (winner picked on 5/1)
- 4 Crafty Chicks – No Patterned Paper –
- Crazy 4 Challenges – Shake Your Thang (anything goes) –
- JUGS – Photo Inspiration –
- Use Your Stuff – Ink –
***Edited 3/28 – I was picked as the Chic of the Week @ Jugs for this card!!! Yay!***