Most of the northern hemisphere of the world is desperate for Spring to kick in. Where I live, we’ve been enjoying mild temperatures for a couple weeks, but am only just beginning to see signs of life and color returning. Here’s a burst of sunshine and brightness for you!
The flowered paper was made with a flower stamp from my stash (from before I started keeping track of manufacturers) and Memento Dandelion yellow ink. The bottom panel was embossed with a Darice folder called Dots. The ribbon was a recent find at a HomeGoods of all places, but wasn’t a known brand. I love the cheater bow I created. Wide ribbon is so hard to tie and knot, so this worked like a charm! The butterfly was purchased at a Scrapbook Expo, maybe 3 years ago. I think I bought a dozen and have maybe used 3 😦 The banner was a cut file from the Silhouette online store and the sentiment was print and cut on it with a font on my computer called Frivolity. I popped up the center portion with foam tape for dimension. Here’s the inside:
I left the inside blank for now until I decide on the recipient of the card. I used trimmings from the front panels to give the inside a little flair.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Come and Get It – In the Garden (flowers) –
- Hiding in My Craftroom – Freestyle –
- Eureka Stamps – Spring Flowers –
- Fantastic Tuesday – Use Patterned Paper (made my own) – ends 4/7
- Through the Craftroom Door – Anything Goes – ends 4/7
- Incy Wincy Designs – Tic Tac Toe – Yellow/Gems/Wings and Yellow/Free/Black –
- Butterfly Spot Challenge – Yellow with a Butterfly –
- Divas By Design – Anything Goes –
- Little Miss Muffet – Anything Goes –
- Stamping for the Weekend – Spring Colors –
- A Creative Romance – Spring Flowers – ends 4/11
- The Corrosive Challenge – Show Us Your Metal (butterfly) – ends 4/13
- Craftin Desert Divas – Anything Goes – ends 4/13
- Treasured Times Rubber Stamps – Mix It Up – ends 4/15
- Ladybug Crafts – Here Comes Spring – ends 4/30
- Eclectic Ellapu #1 – Wings – ends 4/5
- Eclectic Ellapu #2 – Flowers & Butterflies – ends 4/5
- Use Your Stuff – Die Cuts (banner) –
- Seize the Birthday – Birthday w/ Any Type of Bling –
- Red Rubber Designs – Spring – ends 4/10
Pretty card, the yellow looks gorgeous! Thanks for joining our link party over at Craftin Desert Diva’s!
A wonderful card and I just adore it in the yellow. Love the layout and the banner! Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It and we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT
Fabulous Design….thank you for your valued support in entering our challenge, without you we would have no challenge. Good Luck in the draw…..and I do hope you will join us again next week…for another fab challenge….
Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tiuesday
Very pretty card! The bright yellow reminds me of the sunshine I hope will find it’s way to the midwest. It’s been cloudy and gray here. Love your sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
Wow, such a bright cheery card…I think many are hoping to see some bright blue skies and yellow sun shining down on them! this card certainly brings some cheer! thank you for linking it up to Seize the Birthday!
Your hand made paper looks lovely and is perfect teamed with the Darice polka dots EF.
I love the zingy yellow shade. I like your faux bow too. Now that’s my kinda bow. Simples but oh so effective and thanks for the tip. Thank you for fluttering by #4.
Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).
Wonderful card, love the yellow, it is always a happy colour, thanks for joining us at Fan-tastic Tuesday this week.
So beautiful!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Nice, bright and sooo cheery! Perfect for our spring theme!! Love the added butterfly!!
Kendra, Red Rubber Inspirationals Host Inspirational #114 Spring
A nice bright and sunny card 🙂 Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu – Purple
Love your sunny card and all the details (the embellished inside !). Love the various textures too. Thanks for playing along with us at Use Your Stuff !
Love your colorful card Karen! Hope your card brings Spring to you soon…thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday! HUGS!
So pretty and cheerful! I love the yellow and embossing! Thanks for joining us @ Red Rubber Inspirationals!
Very pretty – the bright yellow certainly says Spring! Thanks for playing along with us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!
So sunny and bright and perfect for Spring! Thanks so much for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door.
TTCRD Design Team
so bright and cheery thanks so much for sharing with us at treasured times DT Beverly