The current challenge at Impression Obsession is called On the Farm, and I immediately knew which IO set I owned that I wanted to use for this. These images and sentiment are from a set called Gourdous, which I think is so fun! I fell in love with this farm truck and I like that you could use this with so many of the little images that come in sets like hearts, presents, even snowflakes… or in my case, the gourds that are included in this same set. I created a mask for the truck to tuck the gourds inside and a mask of some of the gourds so I could make it look like some were behind the others. Here’s another view:
This image was super quick to watercolor with Tombow markers. BTW, I’m so pleased with the order I made a week or so ago from Marker Universe. The Tombows I ordered arrived quickly and I had no issues with missing items or dry markers. I still need to complete my swatch sheets but I did test each marker to make sure it was juicy. It was so much fun to play with the new assortment of colors and I now have the full set. Tombow markers blend out really well when used on bristol paper which is smooth and can handle the water. While not as durable as watercolor paper, its smoothness lends itself to stamping well, and the pigment of the markers doesn’t stain and leave streaks.
I’m feeling a bit like a farmer myself, finally starting to harvest food from my little victory garden I started after Covid when the food supply looked unstable. I’m still a couple weeks out from peak season, but its been nice to reap some of the benefits from all the work we put into it so far. I’ve already harvested some tomatoes and pretty soon I’ll be up to my eyeballs in squash!!! Gourdous!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Impression Obsession – On the Farm
- Simon Says Stamp Monday – Its a Man Thing
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Masculine
- Creative Craft Cottage – #130 – Eileen’s Anything Goes – ends 7/3
- Scribbles Designs – #89 – Brads, Buttons, or Bows – ends 6/14
- Sparkles Monthly Challenge – #128 – Use a Real Stamp
- Dare 2B Artzy – June – Masculine – ends 7/4
- Time Out Challenge – #163 – Proust Quote
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday – June – In the Summer Garden – ends 6/28
- Dragonfly Dreams – Make it Masculine – ends 6/29
- The Paper Funday – June – #18 – Anything Goes w/opt Make It Masculine – ends 6/28