Today I’m playing along with the current challenge over at Jane’s Doodles, which is all about birthdays. I chose to play with the Jane’s Doodles set called Daisies and came up with a couple cards… one more simple and the other stepped up a bit. Let’s talk about the simple one first.
Using the main image of the set and the birthday sentiment from the same set, I stamped them both in Versamark and heat emboss in Wow! Rose Gold embossing powder. I trimmed the panel to allow a wide white border. Before adhering to my card base, I used makeup brushes to ink blend 4 colors of Distress Oxide: Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin, Abandoned Coral, and Festive Berries. I stamped another couple images from the set on the inside and then gave them a light ink blending with the same shades. In addition to the inside, I also decided to make a matching envelope. Take a look!
Now onto the stepped up version. I stamped the same image and sentiment in the same placement, and heat embossed this one in Ranger Gold embossing powder. This time I die cut the panel with a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Square die. I ink blended with more Distress Oxides in Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, and Cracked Pistachio. I used the same rose gold embossing powder to embossing the very edges of the panel. Then I dry embossed a panel with an embossing folder by Die’Sire aptly called Happy Birthday. While still in the embossing folder, I used my hard brayer to ink up the raised areas with the Cracked Pistachio and Squeezed Lemonade, and added a light blending along the edges with the makeup brushes.
Like the first card, I added the same images on the inside along with the ink blending, and decorated the envelope too.
So which do you like better? I’m partial to the warm color combo but I prefer the stepped up version. If I had more time I would make the stepped up in the warm tones, but I have so much else coming up that I couldn’t play with that combo right now, but you may see me try it out in the future. I’ll be back before you know it with a card featuring another of my favorite stamp manufacturers!
ETA: 6/13 This card was selected as a TOP ROCKER by 613 Avenue Create!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Jane’s Doodles – #11 – Birthday
- Time Out Challenges – #163 – Proust quote
- Penny Black & More – Favorite Stamps (any floral images)
- Stamping Sensations – Make it Colourful
- Creative Moments – #192 – Anything Goes w/opt summer sports (Gardening is a summer sport, right? You sure sweat a lot doing it!!!)
- Aud Sentiments – #252 – Flowers + a Sentiment
- Ellibelle’s Corner – June In the Summer Garden
- Crafty Catz – #509 – Anything Goes w/opt CAS
- Craft Rocket – #71 – Embossing (Wet or Dry)
- Just Add Ink – #508 – Just Add “F”
- 613 Avenue Create – #234 – Anything Goes w/opt. Blended Background – TOP ROCKER!!!
- Hand Stamped Sentiments – #340 – Photo inspiration