First day of the month… wait, how did we get to June already?!? What the… ??? Well, June it is. Can’t fight it, so we might as well run with it, eh? So when I think of June, I think of Father’s Day, summer, no school, and camping! We spent a lot of time in a tiny camper when I was little, but those memories encouraged me to get a camper for my own family to recreate some of those memories for my son! I thought this card and the combination of images and sentiment is perfect for my dad who is responsible for my love of camping!
The Adirondack chairs and fire pit are from a new set from Jan’s Digi Stamps called Alone Together, and the sentiment is from another new JDS stamp set called #1 Dad which comes with a bunch of images as well. I love combining sets to get just what you need! In case you didn’t know, Jan’s Digi Stamp sets come with both b/w and pre-colored versions. Jan’s colored images are better than anything I can create but this time I opted for the b/w version to customize it. I arranged and printed the images and sentiment so it would print together but you could print the sentiment separately and die cut it to pop up on top. I watercolored the images and background with Tombow markers. The red plaid was made with cardstock and a fun background stamp from My Favorite Things called All Lined Up. The focal panel was die cut with my favorite Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die and that was it! I mounted the plaid paper and image on a black card base and added a white panel inside so I could write Happy Father’s Day to my 83 year old dad.
Now, Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge is a truly Anything Goes challenge… if you made it, enter it! Banana bread? Yes! Quilting? Absolutely! Papercrafts, jewelry, sculpting, you name it! You don’t have to use a JDS stamp, or even a stamp at all! That said, there are 2 draws for a winner and prize. 1 winner is selected from the entries using JDS stamps and 1 more winner is chosen from all the entries, so you have an extra chance to win if you use a JDS stamp! Head over to the challenge blog to enter and see what the rest of the team created! And pop over to the JDS store to see all the great sets Jan has created! Have a great day, my friends!!!
ETA: 6/9 This card made the Top 3 at the Creative Craft Cottage!!! And it also made the Top 3 at Digi Chooseday!!!
ETA: 6/17 This card also made TOP 3 at Createful Heart Cards!!!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
- Gem of a Challenge – Week 11 – Anything Goes
- Di’s Digis – Include a Sentiment
- Send a Smile 4 Kids – Cards 4 Dads
- Colour Crazy – Week 21 – Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles – Week 22 – Anything Goes
- DL.Art – #260 – Father’s Day
- A Perfect Time to Craft – June – #6 – Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge – June #6 – Anything Goes
- Createful Heart – #20 – Anything Goes – TOP 3!!!!
- Creative Craft Cottage – #129 – Make it Masculine – TOP 3!!!
- Happy Little Stampers Watercolor – June – Anything Goes w/opt. Layers
- Creative Moments – #191 – Anything Goes
- Mod Squad – Nature Scene
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Sisterhood of Crafters – Favorite Technique (watercoloring with Tombow markers – I’ve done it on almost every card for the last 4 or 5 months!)
- Digi Choosday – Week 21 – Anything Goes – TOP 3!!!