I’ve been having fun using this 2018 set from Art Impressions called Spring Chicken. You might remember the last card I made with it HERE. This time, I’m using this trio of chicks all dressed up and ready to party! I thought this would be a great image to use for the current AI challenge theme All Layered Up! I watercolored this image with Tombow Markers and added white and black gel pens to their eyes. I watercolored the chicks first, then picked patterned paper from my stash before coordinating the colors on the balloon, cupcake and hats. The focal die cut was a magazine freebie called Layered Frames from Papercraft Inspirations Magazine. I used a MFT sentiment from The Whole Herd for the front, and used 2 sentiments from the AI Spring Chicken set for the inside. I think they worked so well together!
That’s it for me today but I’ll be back soon. If you like critter cards, I think you will really enjoy the next few projects!!! Stay tuned!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Art Impressions – #283 – All Layered Up
- AAA Birthday – #13 – Things with Wings
- Cute Card Thursday – #635 – Critters
- Sweet Stampers – #44 – Animals / Birds
- Ellibelle’s Corner – May – Make it Feminine
- Craftyhazelnut’s Patterned Paper – May
- Sheepski Designs – #38 – For the Girlz
- Retro Rubber – #135 – Tic-Tac-Toe (die cut/birthday/bright colors and also watercolor/circles/die cut) This stamp set was released in August 2018, proof here on AI’s blog.
- CAS Colour & Sketches – #371 – Colors