Today I’m here to remind you that the Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge blog is mid way through the May Anything Goes challenge. You still have until the end of the month to submit your entries! Remember you can enter up to 5 times, and it is a truly Anything Goes challenge… your project can be anything including baking, sewing, quilting, home decor, and of course papercrafting. Anything!
I decided to make a card using Pansies for Mom from Jan’s Digi Stamps as the images are just so pretty. The set comes with both b/w images and precolored. While the precolored version is gorgeous, I wanted to use my Prismacolor pencils to color these pansies to match the blue pansies we use to have when I lived in Florida. I tried to find a picture of what they look like in real life. I really remembered the centers being dark, but this picture below is probably more accurate. Too bad I didn’t find this before coloring the image!!! LOL Well, at least I like how the image turned out, and it shows that you don’t have to color them accurately to have it come out pretty! I used ancient patterned paper from my stash and navy, corrugated paper for an element of the sketch, which is from Stick it Down’s May challenge.
Head over to Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenge to see what the rest of the DT made for the mid-month post and to submit your own entries!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Stick it Down – May Card Sketch
- Mod Squad – A Day for Mothers
- Ellibelle’s Corner – May – Make it Feminine
- Paper Funday – May – #17 – AG w/opt. Mother’s Day
- Dare2BArtzy – May – In the Garden
- Stamping Sensations – May – Say it With Flowers
- Clever Dexter – #5 – Spring Blooms
- Craftyhazelnut’s Patterned Paper – May
- Creative Moments – #190 – Spring Has Sprung
- Digi Doodles Studios – #27 – Flower Power
- The Crafting Challenge – May – Flowers
- Kleuren Met Potloden / Coloring With Pencils – May – Bingo/Tic Tac Toe (flowers/blue/text)
- Sheepski Designs – #38 – For the Girlz