Today, I bring you a fun shaker card for my DT post at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies from the April sponsor, Digi Doodle Studios! Oh, seriously Digi Doodle Studios has some amazing images, *especially* their critters!!! This sweet mermaid called Sequana is accompanied by 2 adorable, long-finned fish friends. I couldn’t help but turn this little scene into a shaker card. I included a couple pics so you could see all the movement of the sequins and beads. Here is a closeup of the coloring:
I used a white gel pen for the bubbles and white pearls in her hair. The image came b/w, and I watercolored her with Tombow markers. When creating the shaker, I glued a couple sequins within the circle so they remain fixed even when the rest drop to the bottom. I like that look. The patterned paper is from a 6×6 pad I’d had in my stash forever. I printed the sentiment and die cut it into a banner shape. I hadn’t done a shaker card in a long time, and this was so fun!
I’d love if you would head over to 2 Crafty Critter Crazies to see what the rest of the DT did with the critter images they received. Be sure to link up your critter projects this month (up to 5 entries) for a chance to win a prize from our sponsor. And head over to Digi Doodle Studios because I know you are going to love their products and they have almost 300 digi stamps to choose from!
5/1/2 ETA: This card was chosen as the 2nd Place Winner by Digi Doodle Studios!!! Whoo-hoo!
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – Happy Birthday
- Classic Design Challenge – #4 – Birthday
- The Paper Funday – April – #16 – Anything Goes
- The House That Stamps Built – DCC A120 – April Showers / Something Wet
- Creative Moments – #187 – Anything Goes
- Di’s Digi Challenge – Birthdays
- Colour Crazy Craft Challenge – Week 12 – Anything Goes
- Gem of a Challenge – Week 7 – Anything Goes
- Digi Doodle Studios – #26 – Spring – 2nd Place Winner!!!
- MIUCB – #36 – Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers – Watercolor – April – Anything Goes
- Double Trouble – #53 – SomeThing, AnyThing, EveryThing – Trouble Maker & Double Dare
- Avenue 613 Create – #231 – Anything Goes
- The Crafter’s Cafe – #239 – April – Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore – #74 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals – #37 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge – April – Patterned Paper
- Creatalicious – #184 – Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage – #127 – For the Girls