I’m back again with another card for the Birthday Project challenge at My Favorite Things. This time my card features the stamp set from MFT called Circle Scribble Flowers, along with the coordinating dies. I’m still in a yellow mood, so I die cut the flowers first from yellow cardstock and then stamped the coordinating image in black and heat embossed in clear. Then I die cut all the leaves and stems from green cardstock. I’m not going to lie… I fiddled with the placement of these pieces for far too long. I even glued it all together and decided I didn’t like it and tore it apart, remaking any pieces that got damaged in the process. The back of the bouquet is a hot mess, but no one would know if I hadn’t said anything! The point is, if you don’t like how it turned out, then the card isn’t done yet. Anyway, I popped the bouquet onto a panel that was embossed with the Lifestyle Crafts folder called Bloom 2 (part of a 2 part set). The stamp set did not include any sentiments so I raided my previously mentioned ridiculous amount of MFT sets for this sentiment and found something suitable in the Sending Sweet Celebration Wishes set. I added a tiny ribbon to the stems where they meet and a few tiny yellow rhinestones to embellish.
I love the combination of black, sap green, and any other color. This card would be easy to make a set in different colors, now that I figured out a pleasing arrangement of the flowers. I’ll be sure to post it if I make a rainbow of similar cards! Thanks for visiting my little corner of the internet while we practice social distancing. I’m so thankful for the internet and crafting community!!! Be smart, be safe, and be crafty!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- MFT Birthday Project – Flowers
- Art Impressions – Bloom Where You Are Planted
- Crafty Gals Corner – #205 – Flowers
- The Paper Shelter – #420 – Flowers of the Spring
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Anything Goes
- The Paper Funday – #15 – Anything Goes
- Shopping Our Stash – #416 – Happy Birthday
- Unicorn Challenges – #52 – Flower Power
- AAA Birthday – #11 – Flowers
- Crafty Cardmakers – #253 – Spring
- Use Your Stuff – #394 – Spring – JFF
- Dragonfly Dreams – Make It Feminine