This card was so much fun to make but even more fun to give! I used a Silhouette cut file, #204997, by Jennifer Rush to make this fun shaped card. The edges of each piece are ink blended and the top layers are popped up on foam tape for dimension. The birthday hat was a different cut file, Party Puppy #40556, by Rivka Wilkins. I cut an extra base layer of the dinosaur, scored it a half inch from the top, and attached it by that half inch to make it a shaped card. Inside I stamped a sentiment from My Favorite Things Birdie Brown Greetings Galore set in Versamark and heat embossed it with Brutus Monroe Alabaster white powder.
This card goes to one of my “adopted” kids, so for fun I used a happy mail style stamp from the Stamps of Life set called Stamped 4 You. We used a white gel pen to write a personal note to the recipient. True story… as a Junior in high school, my “adopted” son showed up to band camp in an inflatable T-Rex costume 😁🦖. Always the class clown and prankster! It was the last day of grueling training and practice, and his stunt got 300 kids through the day with a smile. Love this boy!!! So now you know why I had to make a dinosaur birthday card for this kid!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Get Creative Challenges – #85 Anything Goes w/Opt. Twist Shaped Card – ends 11/1
- Sweet Stampin’ – Animals
- Seize the Birthday – #175 Anything Goes w/opt. Add a Geometric Shape
- The Paper Shelter – #400 Let’s Celebrate!
- Try It On Tuesday – Animal Magic – ends 10/14
- Crafty Cardmakers – #242 Add a Critter
- Dare 2B Artsy – October – Cute Animals – ends 10/30
- The Paper Girls – #185 Birthdays – ends 10/20