I’ve been itching to make a shaped card but didn’t know where to start until I saw the weekly challenge at The Friday Mashup is Hexagons or Triangles. Before Christmas, I just HAD to have the Spellbinders Hexagon dies, so it was time to break them in!
I used the largest die for the card base and the smaller dies for each of the layers… including the sun. It almost looks like a Minecraft sun 😉 If any of your kids (or husbands) are obsessed with the game like a certain 12 year old in my house is, then you know what I’m talking about. This was also a perfect opportunity to use the Spellbinders embossing folder So Trendy with the hexagon pattern. I added a border punched with the Fiskars Apron Lace border punch. I inked all the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress ink to help define the layers. The sentiment from Hero Arts was popped up on foam tape. I decided to hand cut the sunbeams to make the little hexagon look more sun-like. 🙂
The inside was super easy. I just die cut the inside hexagon with two strips of the patterned paper and inked all the edges.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Hands – Embossing (Wet or Dry) –
- Created With Love – Friends –
- Creative Knock Outs – No Square Cards –
- The Friday Mashup – Hexagons/Triangles –
- Hiding in My Craft Room – What’s Buggin’ Ya? –
- Love to Create – Anything Goes –
- Moxie Fab World – Happy for Hexagons –
- Pile It On – Thinking of You –
- Quirky Crafts – Pile it High, Layer it Up, 3D it! –
- The Stamping Boutique – Use a Punch or Die Cut –
***Edited 3/3/14 – I was picked by the Friday Mashup DT as a Mashup Glamette for this card! 🙂 ***
***Edited 3/8/14 – I was picked by the Pile It On DT as one of their Top 3 Scoops for this card! 😀 ***