Howdy folks! Today’s card is bold, bright, and blingy!!! The inspiration for the layout is this week’s sketch from Techno Stamper.
I was browsing through my 6×6 paper pads and Hip Hip Hooray by American Crafts was just begging me to use it today 😉 Now, I wouldn’t normally mix really bold papers, but I think it works on this one to tone down the intensity of the patterns. I could have used a solid for the middle band, but I really liked the look of a stripe from the same pad to separate the two other patterns. It was looking rather flat at that point, so I used Spellbinder’s Dahlia dies to create a four layer 3D flower. I wanted this card to be exceptionally girly, so I started adding bling to the flowers. I love the way it looks! (Believe it or not, this hardly made a dent in my stash of loose bling I picked up for cheap. Of course, it was cheap because it didn’t have adhesive on the back, so all those pesky rhinestones were adhered with Ranger Matte Accents.) The sentiment was made with a Studio G stamp and the banner was cut with a Spellbinder’s Large Ribbon Banners die, which was then scored, folded, and popped up on foam tape. Some twine, a bright yellow button, and rounded corners finish off the front of this 6″ x 6″ card. Here’s a closer look at all that bling:
The inside was much simpler. The birthday stamp is from Just Rite Sentiments. A little of the stripe paper and another Dahlia flower ties it all together!
This is by far the most girly-girl card I’ve ever made. What do you think? Would a 13 year old girl like this???
I’m entering this card in the following challenges:
- Chocolate, Coffee, & Cards – Recipe: 1 Button, 1 Bow, 1 Flower –
- Craft Your Passions – Girly Girl –
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Anything Goes –
- Cute Card Thursday – Buttons and Bows –
- Fan-Tastic Tuesday – Happy & Bright –
- Hiding in My Craft Room – Designer Paper x 3 –
- Just Us Girls – Use 3 colors from Photo Inspiration –
- Love to Create – Make it Sparkle with Bling –
- Peachy Keen – Photo/Color Inspiration – Used all the colors –
- Techno Stamper – Sketch #302 –
***Edited 2/25/14 – This card was picked as one of the Top 3 at Techno Stamper!***