Check out this sweet Valentine’s Day card! Too cute 😉 I love this image from Dustin Pike at Doodle Dragon Studios. I thought it would make a great card for my son… hope its not too cute for an almost 13 year old! I think certain occasions justify (if not require) cute… don’t you?!?
This card was inspired by the sketch this week at the Techno Stamper. The black background was embossed with the Houndstooth embossing folder, and the red strip was embossed with the Dotted Chevrons folder, both by eBosser. The sentiment was made using the Silhouette, with tiny hearts replacing the holes in the o’s of the words. The image was imported into the Silhouette software, traced, and cut with an offset. I then colored the sweet elephant with Promarkers. I finished off the front with a little Card Candi. Here’s a close up:
The inside is simple… another sentiment made with the Silhouette, a few hearts to tie in the ones on the front, and a scrap of the embossed black paper. Viola! Done!
I’m entering this card in the following challenges:
- The Corrosive Challenge – Feel the Love –
- Creative Card Crew – Keep it Simple & Sweet –
- Cute Card Thursday – Clever Cutting –
- Cutie Pie Challenge – My Cutie Valentine –
- Digi Galore – Valentine / Love –
- Divas By Design – With Love –
- Doodle Pantry – Any Digi Goes –
- Fab N Funky – Love / Valentine –
- Passion for Promarkers – Have a Heart –
- Techno Stamper – Sketch #301 –