Howdy y’all! Welcome to my favorite time of the month… the day my crafty friends and I are hopping today in the Collected Crafty Collabs, where we dig out those hardly used crafty supplies we’ve squirreled away in our stash! You should have arrived here from Danielle Brown. But if you arrived here because you are a subscriber of mine, please work your way around the hop til you get to Danielle because her project is sure to be awesome! After me, you’ll hop next to my sweet friend across the pond, Bory Yankova! Don’t worry, I’ll link to her again at the end of the post!!! If you are new to our hops, participants can use the monthly theme prompt or the suggested supply, or BOTH! Since I suffer from CADD (Crafty Attention Deficit Disorder) and have to be working on multiple projects at once, I was able to complete two in time for today’s hop! First up…
If you are of a certain age (*ahem, cough… Marie… cough), this may remind you of Juicy Fruit gum… but instead of a zebra, it has a scurry of squirrels!
Y’all know I couldn’t resist using squirrels again, especially when my collection of them continues to grow!!! These are from the new Lawn Fawn set called Let’s Go Nuts, as is the tiny sub-sentiment. The bold die cut sentiment is a Spellbinder’s alpha set that was the July 2018 XL Die of the Month. I love this alpha set but its size has been limiting… until slimline cards became a thing!!! I used scrap cardstock in fall colors for my background, mixing in skinny strips of gold mirror cardstock. The alpha shadow was cut in brown to coordinate with my squirrels, and I used the gold mirror cardstock for the marque layer. Speaking of the squirrel images (one for each of the Squirrel Sisters), they were colored with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol and popped up on foam tape. Here are a couple closeups before we get to the more elegant card in this post!
I was so excited when we picked the monthly prompts for this month because I was finally going to make myself use some of the foiling products I have accumulated and never used. I just had to break out the laminator and use from Thermoweb foil! Have a look!
So shiny in real life and so hard to capture in photos!!! The background is a Gina K Designs Foil-Mates toner printed background, foiled in Thermoweb Amber Watercolor foil that is gorgeous with variation in colors that make you just keep turning the paper this way and that! Copper, gold, platinum… just stunning! I didn’t want to cover it up so I die cut a frame from Gina Marie Designs and a thanks sentiment from Momenta called Thanks Floral Wreath, in gold mirror cardstock. The frame around the sentiment is an old Heidi Swapp toner sticker label that I foiled in gold and popped up on foam tape. Not my typical card but I love how it turned out!!! Bear with me while I show you a few other angles to try to capture the various shades in the foil!
Doesn’t do it justice, so you’ll just have to believe me! The recipient will get to appreciate the beauty of this foil in real life. If this is your first time here, please consider subscribing to my blog and/or my Instagram account @misplacedmojo and follow the other crafter’s on the hop that made projects that appealed to you! Speaking of which, don’t forget to continue onto Bory!!! Thanks for visiting with me today! I am thankful for all of you who invest some of your valuable time to see what I have posted. Thank you!!!
The full line up is here in case you get lost!
- Marie Bingaman
- Theresa Russell
- Lounon Riviere
- Anna Mahtani
- Yvette Olea
- Danielle Brown
- Karen Page – YOU ARE HERE
- Bory Yankova
- Virginia Fairchild
- Charlotte Ehrukainen
- Sharon Luska
- Tasha Davies
- Mary Ellen Driggs
- Valerie Powell
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Gem of a Challenge – #22 – Anything Goes – ends 11/3
- Crafty Catz – #524 – Anything Goes – ends ends 10/29
- Pattie’s Creations – #175 – Autumn/Fall – ends 11/5
- Polkadoodles – Week 42 – Anything Goes – ends 11/3
- Just Add Ink – #528 – Choose 2! (sequins and foil) – ends 10/28 JFF
- Festive Friday – FF0070 – Pick 3 – Sequins, Die Cut, Gold – ends 10/26
- A Perfect Time to Craft – October #10 – Anything Goes – ends 10/28
- Crafty Animals – #43 – Anything Goes with an animal – ends 10/27
- Creative Craft Cottage – #134 – Spooky and/or Cute – ends 11/2
- Die Cut Divas – October – Thoughts of Autumn – ends 11/1
- Do-Al(a) Creative – #46 – Creative Background – ends 10/31
- Kleuren Met Potloden – October – Autumn – ends 11/7
- Let’s Craft and Create – #164 – Use Paper Strips instead of Ribbon – ends 10/31
- Sheepski Designs – #43 – Autumn and/or Halloween – ends 10/31
- Aud Sentiments – #262 – Halloween/Fall Sentiment – ends 10/27