Taking a break from all the Create and Inkspire posts to bring you this fun summer card, courtesy of Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge. Good news! Jan’s Digi Stamps is having a sale!!!
This card features Eunice and Gertrude, fun characters that star in several stamp sets by Jan. This set, called Beach Friends, has the twosome working on the Vitamin Sea at the beach and enjoying a couple cocktails! The set comes with the scene and 3 accessory images in b/w and pre-colored, as well as 4 sentiments! Check it out:
Now, the sentiments in the set are great, but I wanted to make my own. I use the Silhouette Studios software to work with my digis and to create my sentiments, even when I don’t use the Silhouette machine to cut anything. I create a rectangle to represent my card base, arrange my images and sentiment to fit within. The software can use all the fonts on my computer so I play around with the font styles and sizes, as well as line and character spacing until I’m happy, then I print. When I am organized, I usually design 4 cards at once and print on bristol paper, then I cut them apart for my card fronts. I chose to work with the black and white version to match patterned paper I picked out to use with it. I loved the muted rainbow tones of the paper and thought it was perfect for my beach scene. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and cut it down to a square focal. I used a kraft card base using Neenah Desert Storm (from my July Create and Inkspire kit). I layered up a band of yellow and turquoise cardstock bands onto the patterned paper, and popped up my focal image on fun foam. I have to admit, I tried every embellishment in my cardmaking stash and could not find something that looked right with this card. Then I broke into my old scrapbooking stash… low and behold, I found the perfect embellishment… a starfish brad from Eyelet Outlet! I did a little card surgery to get it in there, but I love the final touch it adds. Here is a close up of the card:
The rest of the team have amazing projects to show you, so pop over to the Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge and take a look! Don’t forget that the challenge is a truly Anything Goes challenge and is open to all types of crafts and makes! No stamping required! So be sure to post your next make to be entered in the draw to win images from Jan’s Digi Stamps!!! And remember the awesome sale going on in the Jan’s Digi Stamps shop!!! Thanks for dropping by!
ETA: 9/6/20 This card was picked as a Top Rocker by 613 Avenue Create!!!
ETA: 9/15/20 This card was picked as the winner by Sheepski Designs!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Gals Corner – #210 – Summer Fun
- Ellibelle’s Wednesday – August – Something Beginning with B (Beach)
- Colouring in Scrapland – July/August – Summer
- Crafting Happiness – #62 – Anything Goes
- Make My Monday – #129 – On the Beach
- PIP – #2033 – Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time to Craft – #8 – August – Anything Goes
- Clever Dexter – #8 – Dog Days of Summer
- Country View – August – I Do Like to Be Beside the Seaside
- Crafts Galore Encore – August – #78 – Anything Goes
- Craftyhazelnut’s – August – Patterned Paper
- Creatalicious – #193 – Anything Goes – ends 8/30
- Createful Heart – #23 – Anything Goes – ends 9/14
- Happy Craft Challenge – August 15th to Sept 15th – Anything Goes – ends 9/15
- Scribbles – #91 – The Great Outdoors – ends 9/14
- Sheepski – #41 – Anything Goes – WINNER!!!
- Sweet Stampers – #47 – Outdoor Fun
- World Wide Open DT Challenge – #8 – Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create – August – Anything Goes – TOP ROCKER!!!
- Dragonfly Dreams – August – Anything Goes – ends 8/30
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends – #C140 – Anything Goes
- A Gem of a Challenge – Week #17 – Anything Goes
- Catch the Bug – August – End of Summer
- Crafty Calendar – August – Anything Goes
- Crafty Friends – #142 – Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers – #191 – Anything Goes
- Pattie’s Creations – #173 – Beach/Under the Sea
- Polkadoodles – Week #33 – Anything Goes
- Art Impressions – Summer Treat
- Sweet Stampin – Favourite Colour Combination (Rainbow)
- Joy of Sets – August – Tic Tac Toe (Splash, Sand, Blue)