Welcome back, y’all! You’re just in time to kick off the July challenge at Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge and what better way to do it that celebrating Christmas in July! Jan’s Digi Stamps is having a month long, 25% off sale, on all of her Christmas sets with no coupon code needed! Whoo-hoo! In honor, I opted to use one of her Christmas sets for you today. Today’s card uses just one of the many images from the set aptly called Reindeer.
If you follow my blog, you might have seen that I have already used this set once already, but using one of the silhouette images. That post is here if you missed it.
This time I selected a single deer, printed it with one of the sentiments from the same set, printed and die cut the panel. Then I watercolored the deer with Tombow markers, my go-to medium of late. I selected a masculine patterned paper, and mounted it to a kraft card base. I used another piece of kraft and embossed it with a plaid embossing folder. I added a hearty piece of felt ribbon on that and layered everything up with the focal panel popped on foam tape around the ribbon. I couldn’t resist adding Wink of Stella to the snow. I normally wouldn’t add something glittery to a masculine card, but I thin even a guy can appreciate the glistening of the snow! Pretty simple, but that’s what guys appreciate! Here’s another view:
I sure would love if you would take a moment to see what the rest of the DT did today for the July challenge kick off over on Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge site! While you are there, be sure to link up a project of your own. The challenge is truly Anything Goes, and can be papercrafts, jewelry, sculpting, coloring books, baking, or just about anything else you can make! Just be sure to follow the challenge site to have a chance of winning 1 of 2 prizes. 1 draw will be made from just the entries using Jan’s images, and 1 draw is from ALL of the entries, so you have 2 chances to win if you use a JDS image. Jan’s images are available in large sets and for such a little price, and include both b/w, colored, and sometimes silhouette versions, both PNG and JPEG formats, and include multiple sentiments to choose from. They are really a great deal! And don’t forget that the Christmas in July sale is going on this whole month in the JDS shop for 25% off Christmas sets!
ETA: 9/10/20 This card was picked as one of five $10 winners to the Stamplorations store for their August Summer Vacation challenge!
ETA: 10/2/20 This card was chosen as Top 3 for Createful Heart Cards!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Dare2BArtsy – July – Christmas In July
- Stamping Sensations – July – All Creatures Great and Small
- Crafty Calendar – July – Add a Ribbon
- Craftyhazelnut’s Christmas Challenge – #497 – Anything Christmas w/opt. for a man/boy
- Craftyhazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge – July
- Di’s Digi Designs – Christmas in July
- Creative Fingers – #189 – Anything Goes
- Craft Rocket – July – #72 – For Men/Boys
- Creative Knockouts – #357 – Sew it Up (I used a stitched ribbon)
- A Perfect Time to Craft – July – #7
- Clever Dexter – #7 – All That Sparkles
- Crafter’s Cafe – July – #246 – Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore – July – #77
- Crafty Animals – #40 – Anything Goes w/ an animal
- Createful Heart – #21 – Anything Goes WINNER!!!
- Creative Sketchy Girls – #49 – Male Card
- Digi Doodle Designs – #29 – Christmas in July
- Merry Little Christmas Challenge – July – #24 – Anything Christmas Goes
- MIUCB – #39 – Anything Goes w/Open Technique
- Sheepski Designs – #40 – Christmas in July
- Stamplorations – Summer Vacation/Anything Goes
- ABC Christmas Challenge – N&O are for? (N is for No Fuss)
- Crafty Gals Corner – #208 – You’re the Man!
- Fezziwigs Festive Frolics – #14 – Anything Festive Goes
- The Paper Shelter – #434 – Use a Sentiment
- Word Art Wednesday – Wks 446-447 – Anything Goes