Still hanging in there, everyone? Need a sign of Spring? Longing to see brightly colored flowers and forget the worries of the day? I got *just* what you need!
Today’s card was inspired by the monthly challenge at My Favorite Things called the Birthday Project. They knew what we needed this month… flowers! Well, virtual, paper flowers anyway! I used the MFT set called Floral Focus and watercolored with Tombow Markers. The image from the set is large enough to take the whole card front and I love that I don’t have to fiddle with the placement of the flowers. I wanted to use the script sentiments from the same stamp set and thought surely within the *cough* 80+ MFT stamps I’ve hoarded… er, I mean *collected*, surely I would have a set that had the words “on your birthday” or even “on your”. Nope! I had to borrow the rest of the sentiment from a not 1, but *2* Pink and Main sets (Congrats for “on your” and Happy For You for “birthday”). The panel was die cut with a Pink and Main Rounded Rectangle die and mounted on a black card base. For embellishment, I add a sprinkling of Pink and Main Ice Rink confetti. Here is a close up of the coloring:
Hope the bright flowers lifted your mood, if even just for the moment. Stay strong my friends, I have confidence that this will blow over soon and that the stores will have toilet paper any day now! Never thought I’d type that in a blog post, but there it is!!! LOL!
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- MFT Birthday Project – Flowers – ends 4/15
- AAA Birthday – March – #11 – Flowers – ends 3/29
- Incy Wincy – Spring Fling – ends 4/2
- Use Your Stuff – #394 – Spring – ends 3/28
- Dragonfly Dreams – Make It Feminine – ends 3/30
- Penny Black and More – March – Spring Flowers – ends 4/1
- Stamping Sensations – March – Spring Florals – ends 4/2
- Creative Craft Cottage – #127 – For the Girls – ends 4/4
- Happy Little Stampers Watercolor – March – ends 3/31
- Stamplorations – March – Stamps and Nature – ends 4/1