This week’s challenge at Jane’s Doodles is Spring. This Plumeria set was perfect to make a springy card to help a friend who really needed to see some flowers. I don’t know her well so I wasn’t sure what types or colors of flowers she likes the most, but I’m hoping this makes her feel a little better all the same. I really need better photography skills and gear cause the picture does not match real life in color. Trust me that the flowers range from a delicate light pink to a a warm peach with pops of bright pink in the centers. On my monitor the colors are yellowed out terrible despite the bright lights I used. I used every single image from the Jane’s Doodles set, colored them with Tombow markers and fussy cut them out. There are no sentiments included in the set, so I dug through my stash and found a set by My Favorite Things called Greetings Galore with the sentiment I wanted to use, which I stamped in Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink as the color was the closest match I had. I decided to ink blend the edges with a little Wild Honey and Pickled Raspberry oxides to match the flower colors. I may spatter the panel with watered down inks before I mail it as it seems to be missing something but I’m afraid to mess it up experimenting right now. LOL!
The inside has a simple Thinking of You sentiment from the same MFT set in Pickled Raspberry.
Thanks for visiting today, and I hope these flowers make you smile during this crazy time we are in right now. We need to lift each other up any way we can, and for me, that is going to be through handmade cards… though I will write on the envelope that I completely understand if she doesn’t open it for 14 days! 😁 She can see it here on the blog until she’s comfortable opening the envelope!!!
ETA: 8/3/20 This card was chosen as 1 of the Top 3 by the DT at Scibbles Designs!!!
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Jane’s Doodles – #5 – Spring (sadly I missed the deadline to enter)
- The Flower Challenge – #42 – Anything Goes with Flowers
- Hero Arts Stay Crafty Challenge
- Incy Wincy Designs – 3/16-4/2 – Spring Fling
- All Fun Challenges – #4 Anything Goes
- AAA Cards – #161 – Along the Edge
- Dragonfly Dreams – March – Make it Feminine
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends – #128 – Anything Goes
- Dare2BArtsy – March – Anything Goes
- Penny Black and More – March – Spring Flowers
- Stamping Sensations – March – Spring Florals
- Corrosive Challenge – #3 – Anything Goes
- The Paper Players – #482 – CAS Spring Flower
- Scribbles Designs – #87 – In Bloom – TOP 3!!!
- Stamplorations – March – Stamps and Nature
- Happy Little Stampers Watercolor – March – Anything Goes with Opt. Flowers
- Creative Craft Cottage – #127 – For the Girls
- Creations in Pink – #20 – Anything Goes in Mainly Pink
- Crafty Friends – #131 – Ladies / Girls
- Colour Crazy – Wk 10 – Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers – #181 – Anything Goes
- Cardz4Gals – #117 – Spring Flowers
- Craft Rocket – #68 – Flowers
- Crafty Creations – #407 – March – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments – #186 – Anything Goes
- Make My Monday – #118 – Something Tropical