I have the immense pleasure of sharing the cards I made with a digi set from the incredible artist, and my friend, Donna Ellis of Creative Smiles! I had so much fun playing with this set I made 3 cards!!! As you know, the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge is always Anything Goes with a Critter. We’d love if you come play along this month where the prize is the image set the DT used!!! First up, my owl cards:
b/w image pre-colored image
This set, Great Horned Owl was originally created by Donna for Sparkle N Sprinkle and comes with a total of 17 images and sentiments! I like that each image comes both black and white and color, and in both jpeg and png. I immediately knew how I wanted to use the owl image. Using my Silhouette, I traced the owl images to cut along the edge. I prepped one colored owl and one b/w. I used masking paper to create the background by using a circle die to make the moon, and utilizing both the positive and negative masks to ink the background with Distress Oxides. It was so easy to get a smooth blend and I love how the sentiment is highlighted this way! For the b/w owl image, I colored it up with Prismacolor pencils and did the same ink blended treatment. Each panel was splattered with white paint for stars and then shimmer spray to make everything sparkle! An owl image was popped up with foam tape on each panel. Shame the shimmer is so hard to capture in photos! On to the 3rd card:
There are these beautiful branches in the image set too, and I couldn’t *not* use them! Since they seemed so simple and elegant, I decided to do a CAS card using the left and right images. A little die cutting, a little ink blending, and a tiny bit of pencil coloring… and done! A few iridescent rhinestones finished it off.
This set is only available as the prize for the current 2CCC challenge, as Donna doesn’t have a store front or online site for purchases. However, she continues to blog at Creative Smiles, where she frequently creates and donates her amazing sentiments and the occasional image! Be sure to check out her blog as she posts great stepped-out tutorials too! And head over to 2CCC to see how the rest of the DT used this image and to submit your critter projects to try to win this set!
ETA: This card was picked as one of the DT Favs at A Perfect Time to Craft!!!
I am submitting one of these cards to the following challenges:
- Crafty Friends – #130 – Animal / Birds
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes
- Cardz 4 Guyz – #239 – Use Ink and/or Paint
- Shopping Our Stash – #414 The Great Outdoors
- Gem of a Challenge – Wk 5 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz – #495 – Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles – Wk 9 – Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday – Wk 8 – Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time to Craft – #3 – Anything Goes – DT FAV!!!
- Classic Design Challenge – #3 – Anything Goes
- Country View – March – The Eyes Have It
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends – #127 – Anything Goes
- The Corrosive Challenge – #3 – Anything Goes
- Dare 2B Artzy – March – Anything Goes
- Ike’s World – #129 – Anything Goes