We’re half way through July, so the DT Divas of Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge are posting projects today to remind you to enter the challenge before the end of the month! The challenge theme is always Anything Goes, and we mean ANYTHING. All crafts are welcome… papercrafts, sewing, knitting, mixed media, home decor, baking, cooking… if you made it, you can enter it! Just make sure you follow the Jan’s Digi Stamps Challenge site to be eligible to win!
For my project today I’m using a brand new set available from Jan’s Digi Stamps called Malt Shop. Isn’t this set so much fun??? I chose to use the cool retro jukebox for my focal and I had to use the b/w version because I was dying to color it up myself! Its been forever since I used my alcohol markers and at the request of a crafty friend I dug them out to test my printer ink as she was looking to buy the same model. I was pleased to not have any smudging from the Promarkers, but man am I out of practice using them. Not only that, I had forgotten to use appropriate paper, so this was colored on Bristol which tended to bleed the marker color a little. It was fun to shade though, and I’d like to dedicate some time to playing with them again soon before I forget again how to use them! After the image was colored, I used a rounded rectangle frame die to cut it out and mounted it on fun foam to pop it up. For the card front, I embossed matching green cardstock with an embossing folder from Park Lane called Diamond. Now, I didn’t have a current use for the sentiments in the set so I ended up using a sentiment stamp from my stash to send to someone who needs a little encouragement. I left the inside blank this time so I could have more room to write a personal message. For embellishment, I added tiny music notes from another stamp set in my stash. Here’s a better look at the embossed background and the coloring:
Please pop over to the Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenge site to see what my talented team mates have created for the mid-month post. Remember too that its Christmas in July at Jan’s Digi Stamps and all Christmas sets are 25% off through the end of July!!! Thanks for dropping by and I hope to see you again soon!
ETA: 8/7/20 This card was chosen as a DT Top 3 by Colour Crazy Challenge!!!
ETA: 8/14/20 This card was a DT Favorite at World Wide Open DT!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Gem of a Challenge – Week 15 – Anything Goes
- Inkspirational – #217 – Painting or Colouring
- Colour Crazy Challenge – Week #28 – Anything Goes – TOP 3!!!!!
- Crafty Catz – #515 – Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers – #190 – Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time to Craft – #7 – July
- CCC Digi Challenge – #116 – No patterned paper
- World Wide Open DT – #7 – Anything Goes – DT Favorite Winner!!!
- Crafty Creations – July – #411 – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday – #448 – 449 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiment Designs – Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday – Week #28 – Anything Goes
- Cardz4Guyz – #249 – No patterned paper
- Through the Craft Room Door – Week of July 14th – Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create – #235 – Anything Goes
- Dragonfly Dreams – No Patterned Paper
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends – #137 – Anything Goes