Hello, my crafty friends! I told you yesterday that I’m on a critter card roll and here is yet another! I *love* how this turned out!!! I used the complete set of Jane’s Doodles Under the Sea stamp set to create this square card. The stenciling was done using MFT’s Ray of Light stencil and white pigment ink over royal blue cardstock. The images were watercolored with Tombow markers and fussy cut. The stitched hill of sand was die cut with a die from the Creek Bank Creations set called Land and Grass Edge dies. I used a combination of inks, shimmer sprays, and white gel pen to dot the sand to resemble texture and shells. I stamped the sentiment and used an old Spellbinders label die (exclusive to ScrapMart, back in the day) to cut it out. I liked how it fit the center justified sentiment. I glued some images down flat, and others popped up with foam tape… but I wanted the crab to take center stage so I put him on with a mini Action Wobbler! I tried to get a picture of him moving! (Boy is that hard!!!) I used the last of the images and the other sentiment for the inside of the card. In hindsight, I wish I had stenciled the inside with a light blue ink, but this leaves me plenty of room to write a message without distraction.
Jane’s Doodles is probably my favorite stamp company right now. I love how cute her critters are and she even has gorgeous florals too. I think you’ll be seeing another JD card soon!!! I’d love to know if you love Jane’s Doodles as much as I do, or if they are a new-to-you stamp company. Leave me a comment and let me know. 😊 Hope you are having a great weekend, everyone!
ETA: 6/3 This card was the winner at Jane’s Doodles Challenge and I was asked to Guest DT for an upcoming challenge!!! Squeal!!!!! It was also chosen as a DT Honourable Addict by Addicted to Stamps & More (ATSM)!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Jane’s Doodles – #10 – Stenciling – WINNER + Guest DT position!!!
- Kristie Marcotte’s Card Challenge – By the Sea – #kristiescardchallenge
- Festive Friday – #FF0059 – Inspo List (water, fish, pun sentiment)
- Cute Card Thursday – #635 – Critters
- Mod Squad – Nature Scene
- The Paper Shelter – #428 – Nature/Sea
- Addicted to Stamps – #390 – Photo Inspiration – DT HONOURABLE ADDICT!!!
- Retro Rubber – #135 – Tic-Tac-Toe (die cut, birthday, bright colors) This set was released in 2015 according to the Jane’s Doodles blog post on 6/1/15
- A Place to Start – May – Create a Custom Background