The new challenge at Jane’s Doodles is embossing (heat or dry). After a quick browse through my collection of JD sets I immediately knew what I wanted to do. I used the JD set called Over The Moon to create this little scene card. I stamped the images and sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed in Wow silver embossing powder. I then watercolored the images with Kuretake Gansai Tambi Gem watercolors and the silver from the Kuretake Gansai Tambi Pearl watercolors. These watercolors have a mica shimmer to them that is tricky to photograph! I used a rainbow of colors for the images, and I used the silver to splatter the background to create a galaxy of stars. These watercolors were easy to work with on standard card stock as they don’t require much water. Here are some close ups of the shimmer you get with these paints. Do you like what I did with the UFO? I thought it looked like alien space energy or light emitting from the bottom.
Thank you for dropping by today. I hope you and your families are doing well and that you are all healthy… and being crafty. This is the most important time to share your handmade cards and talents! I hope to be back soon with a few more cards. I’ve been spending a lot of time in my craft room!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Jane’s Doodles Challenge – #6 – Embossing
- CCC Digi Creations – #112 – Embossing of any kind
- Happy Little Stampers Watercolor – March
- Alphabet Challenge – Something for the Youngsters
- Festive Friday – #FF0055 – Inspo List (3 items: glitter/glimmer, stars, & rainbow)
- Southern Girls – March – Team Lou Anything Goes
- Addicted to Stamps and More – #381 – Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations – #407 – Anything Goes
- Watercooler Wednesday – WWW263 – Anything Goes w/Opt. Masculine Twist
- Dream Valley Challenges – #221 – One for the Boys