Two posts in one day?!? Hard to believe, I know! If you saw my last post, you know that Jane’s Doodles is having a challenge and the theme is Spring. And also like my last post, I have a friend that could use a pick me up. And what else could pick you up better than spring flowers that never die?!? Am I right? I think we’re all in need of a pick me up, and I hope to share as much crafty love as possible to uplift those around me, so they in turn can lift me up when I am down.
On to the card details… these beautiful flowers are from the Jane’s Doodles Magnolia set. I used every single image and watercolored them with a Tombow marker to get a variation in shades, and fussy cut them out. This set does not come with a sentiment, so I used Picked Raspberry oxide ink and the MFT Greetings Galore sentiment set from my previous card as I liked the sentiment and it was still on my desk. I die cut the white background with one of Altenew’s Layered Plaid cover dies and mounted that on a pink cardstock front before mounting that to a card base. Most of the flowers are glued flat to the card, but the top most flower is popped on foam tape. The inside is stamped Thinking of You, also from the MFT Greetings Galore set.
Take care of yourselves out there, my crafty friends. Try to remember to extend grace to others during these crazy times and to help others in need as you would wish them to help you if ever needed. Together we can rise above this and come out a stronger community on the other side. I’m probably preaching to the choir as crafters tend to be the most supportive people on the planet, but we need to voice of compassion so others can follow our lead. Be safe, be smart, and be crafty!
ETA: 4/5/20 This card was selected as the monthly winner from Dare2BArtsy!!!
ETA: 4/18/20 This card was chosen as a Favourite by Happy Little Stampers Watercolor!!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Jane’s Doodles – #5 – Spring (sadly I missed the deadline by a couple hours- ugh!)
- The Flower Challenge – #42 – Anything Goes with Flowers
- Hero Arts Stay Crafty Challenge
- Stamping Sensations – March – Spring Florals
- Penny Black and More – March – Spring Flowers
- Artsystamper – #12 – Lots of Layers
- Creations in Pink – #20 – Anything Goes in Mainly Pink
- Creatalicious – #183 – Anything Goes with Opt. Layer it Up
- Incy Wincy – March 16 – April 2 – Spring Fling
- Path of Positivity – #78 – Opt Twist of Beauty of Botanicals
- Use Your Stuff – #394 – Spring – JFF
- Dare2BArtzy – March – Anything Goes – WINNER!!!!
- Dragonfly Dreams – March – Make it Feminine
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends – #128 – Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage – #127 – For the Girls
- Daisy Chain – #39 – Use Dies
- Die Cut Divas – March – Anything Goes
- HLS Dies – March – Anything Goes with Dies
- HLS Watercolor – March – Anything Goes – FAVOURITE!!!
- Sheepski Designs – #36 – Die Cuts or Punches
- Stamplorations – March – Stamps and Nature
- Crafty Friends – #131 – Ladies and Girls
- Creative Fingers – #181 – Anything Goes
- Pattie’s Creations – #168 – Anything Goes
- Cardz 4 Galz – #117 – Spring Flowers