My Favorite Things had a couple of challenges this week that I miraculously thought I could pull off… in one card! Take a look!
I used the My Favorite Things Delightful Deer dies to cut the deer in white and inked them with a few shades of brown inks. I whipped up an ink blended circle background with Distress Oxides in Carved Pumpkin, Wild Honey, Pumice Stone, and a hint of Hickory Smoke, and matted it on another circle inked with Pumice Stone. I cut some snow drifts to use as my border and inked them as well. The bottom of the front panel is stamped with MFT’s Sweater Stitch background with Pumice Stone to match the rest of the card. The sentiment is from MFT’s Jingle All the Way (!).
Side note: I keep my Christmas stamps separate for ease of buying out my holiday cards, but I never would have found this sentiment if it hadn’t been for cataloging my stamps in Evernote! I love that when I make a card and need the perfect sentiment, I can search my digital catalog / inventory by keyword, theme, or manufacturer. This turned out to be *the* perfect stamp, the right message and the right size. I use Evernote for so much, both crafty and life purposes. One day I ought to do a post on that as I think it would help those struggling to remember what they have or those that accidentally purchase multiples. Leave me a comment if you would be interested in learning more!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- My Favorite Things – Color Challenge #126
- My Favorite Things – Sketch Challenge #457
- As You Like It – Favorite Style CAS or FAF and why – So my cards used to be very FAF with lots of layers but I stopped cardmaking for several years and when I came back to it I felt very drawn to CAS cards and enjoy the challenge of refining design with so few elements.
- The House That Stamps Built/Repeat Impressions – DCC0219 Circles
- Die Cut Divas – Fall or Fall Colors
- Try It On Tuesday – Animal Magic
- Ike’s World – Color Challenge
- Crafty Cardmakers – #242 Add a Critter
- Happy Little Stampers – Anything Goes with Dies