Here is my card for the current MFT color challenge and the inspiration for it:
I used the MFT Cloud stencil to create the background with Distress Oxide inks. Then I stamped images from the MFT Prehistoric Fun stamp set. I watercolored the images with Tombow markers in coordinating colors. I intended to use the coordinating dies, but I made a mess of the outlines as I still have issues controlling the amount of water in my brush. I ended up fussy cutting them to get a clean image. I outlined all the images with a black marker and positioned some flat to the card front and others with foam tape for dimension. The hills were cut with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Slopes and Hills dies. I used Wink of Stella to sparkle up the clouds and dinosaur spots, which were also given a glossy coating with Nuvo Glaze, as did the lava on my volcanoes.
Considering I was initially stumped by this color combo, I have yet another card using it, so stay tuned for take 2!
ETA: 9/9/19 This card was selected as a Top 3 by Cut It Up Challenges!!! It was also picked as an Honorable Mention by 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!!!
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- My Favorite Things Color Challenge #122
- Shopping Our Stash – #401 Based on a Book – I used the Dr. Seuss book Oh Say Can You Say Di-no-saur , a favorite of my son’s when he was little!
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge – Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge – #30 Anything Goes
- Cut it Up Challenges – #179 – Critters – hill dies
- Addicted to Stamps and More – #352 Make Your Mark – watercolored with markers
- Sheepski Designs Challenge– #29 Animal Madness
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies – #29 Anything Goes with a Critter
- Crafty Animals – #29 Anything Goes
- Die Cut Divas – August – Hot – hill dies
- Crafting Happiness Challenge – #7 Animals
- Double Trouble Challenge – SomeThing, AnyThing, EveryThing – Double Dare with 2 Crafty Critter Crazies