So, my BFF is about to face the biggest challenge of her life thus far… her one and only child, now 18 years old, is leaving for college and not only that, she’s leaving this weekend so she can attend a summer session. She’s going to need something… anything… to make her smile when she gets home from dropping her daughter off at the university. I hope this will do that, though I know it won’t… can’t… fill the void. There is only so much I can do from 600 miles away.
For this CAS card, I was inspired by the CAS Colours & Sketch Challenge for the choice in colors, and I think this regal color palette will appeal to my bestie more than the card from a couple days ago. The stamp and sentiment is from SSS’s Bouquet of Thanks, and I love the large image that required no masking. Once again, I used Prismacolor pencils to color my image (greens 908 & 911, purples 932 & 1008, and corals 921 & 922). I find pencils are great for what I call Couch Crafting… a way I can remain crafty while hanging with my family in the living room. My couch crafting has gotten a little complicated this week with the addition of a new puppy to our family, but so far the only thing she’s gotten into were my cup of pencil shavings!
ETA: This card was selected as a Top Pick by the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog 🙂
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- CAS Colour & Sketch Challenge – #326 color combo
- Retro Rubber Challenge Blog – #113 Anything Goes – SSS released Bouquet of Thanks as part of their One of a Kind Release on June 23rd, 2017 (thank you internet), so this set is 2 years old. I’ve had it 2 years and used it *twice*… must correct that!
- Inkspirational Challenge – #189 Garden
- Penny Black and More Challenge – Blossoms and Butterflies
- AAA Cards – #142 One Layer Card + opt. Black & White only
- A Bit More Time to Craft – #94 Anything Goes
- Sheepski Design Challenges – #27 For Someone Special
- Make My Monday Challenge Blog – #98 Lots of Flowers
- Tuesday Throwdown – #434 Keep It Simple – doesn’t get more simple than 2 stamps on a 1 layer card with 2 color blends for coloring